My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What to do now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got my google verification in the mail today. I am now listed and the business listing. My questions is other than me doing basic SEO work to get my website higher in the rankings do I need to do anything to keep my business listing current. Now that its verified what else do I need to do to keep it active. I ask because a local SEO guy wanted to charge me $250 a month to keep my business listed in google my business. I was able to get it verified and listed for free in a few weeks. Was this guy trying to scam me? 

Thanks

Derek

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What to do now?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yeah, sounds like that guy was trying to scam you, there's a lot of companies like that using sleazy advertising tactics. 

Your listing will stay in Google, and will only get pulled down if your listing ends up being suspected of spam. As far as keeping your business listing current, just make sure you update your profile if you change your business hours, or any other important information about your business. Beyond that, there's a lot you can do to help your business show more often, and if you're curious about that, here's a good place to start

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In addition to @james w great suggestions, I would recommend logging into your account at least once a month. This will signal to Google that the account is active. This will also allow you to catch any undesired automatic updates to your data that Google often makes.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Colan, I will do that