My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What's the difference between Google My Business and Google+?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that these used to be connected - that I could log into Google My Business and see my Google+ page for my business. I had to call the help line yesterday and the Google representative I spoke with told me that Google My Business and Google+ are now separate. I asked her what the differences were between them, and why some of my business pages are showing up now as brand pages on Google+ if the two are completely separate and she wasn't able to answer my question.

So what is the difference between the two? Can I log into a Google+ page via Google My Business, or is that no longer an option? Do I need both a Google+ page and a Google My Business account for the same business? And, if I want to generate a link so I can send people to the page from my website, where would I get that link? I had just been sending them to the Google+ page.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What's the difference between Google My Business and Google+?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jena F

will try explaining it with an example:

in your dasboard there are  for any verified location (if you click the listing shown up) three links like below red highlighted:

screenshot-business.google.com 2016-11-02 22-30-20.png

this are just three complete different instances of your listing

one link is showing it on GoogleSearch

one link is showing it on GMaps

and one link is showing a kind of G+ instance.

All three "instances" are quite different - but based on the stuff provided on your dashboard.

To aske what "difference" is kind of senseless.

But as you see the G+ instance doesn't show any map information and no reveiws (just to point out differences)

And the maps view is different for GoogleSearch view too.

Hope  this helps