My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What is this "PLAN YOUR VISIT" on my search result?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please tell me who is putting information into my search pop up entitled "Plan your visit"?  This information is ruining my business because it says that people are waiting 2 hours for service - I don't know where GOOGLE is getting this information (from a competitor I am sure) so let me know asap before I bring a lawsuit against almighty google for tortious interference.  Get back to me ASAP.  Or tell me who I need to call and ream!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @THC E

This sort of information are added by Google algos (like many other information added to the "knowledeg panel") They gather the information from users of your business based on their mobiles I'm guessing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This type of activity is unacceptable.  Google has no right at all to scare customers away by stating they will have to wait 2 hours for service.  I spend a lot of money and energy and pride in creating an effective organization.  For Google a statistic like this is worse than anything any competitor can say.  GOOGLE has me between a rock and a hard place - i need Google to maintain my business but GOOGLE is turning people away from me by posting wait times.  Let consumers make up their own mind.  Soon GOOGLE will ask businesses to pay more to keep the wait time downs just as other sites manipulate rankings- very nefarious, unfair and anti-business.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@THC E 

you has me between a rock and a hard place - not providing any information to investigate and giving you appropriate advise.

So I just say: please contact business support.

(links to them you will find in your dashboard)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Just wondering if you had any joy getting this rectified? I run a rural sculpture garden, and Google is suggesting to people that visitors only spend up to 30 minutes here, where as in reality they spend 1.5hours+! It's putting people off, and I can't work out how to contact anyone at Google about it.

Would be very interested to hear if you've had any luck - and if so, please tell me how.

Many thanks.

Re: What is this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Absolutely no response. I think the US gov. should sue GOOGLE just as the
EU has!
320 Washington Street Ste 300, Brighton MA 02135
www.THCevaluation.com
617-787-7400 FAX: 617-419-1051

Re: What is this

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

haha @THC E

Google should sue you for lying 

Google shows your listing with the below information:

"Plan your visit: People typically spend 25 min to 1.5 hr here"

Screenshot 2017-08-31 at 22.07.33.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They have no right to put this info on my website.  I am not lying as your attachment indicates.  You are most likely the most despicable type human - a Google shareholder or worse an employee.  My entire thread is based on false info that Google believes they have a right to put on my website which scares away customers. 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

its not "your website" - its just their knowledge panel about your business where they show this information and they gather this very likely on data provided by many users and their smartphone while visiting you.

If you think it's not their right to show such information your intitial statement is ok about sueing Google.

But I doubt there is a law they are breaking - not sure though.