My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best way to list a service area business that doesn't have regular office hours?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a manager for Music Together Metro Atlanta (http://www.musictogethermetroatlanta.com). This business offers family music classes at several locations in the metro Atlanta area, but does not have a location or an office or office hours. The music classes are taught at different times on different days of the week and there is variation in times that the classes are offered each season. The best way to reach the director/owner of the business is via the website and email. It doesn't make sense to me to list the hours that the classes are offered because I don't want visitors to think that they can only contact the business during those times. 

However, the director does want her center to appear in the Google search results when people search for music classes, music classes for babies, music classes for toddlers, music programs. 

I feel like her business is getting punished in a way because it is not a regular business that has a storefront or office and is not "open" from 9 to 5. 

Questions:

What should we list for the business hours? Hours that the director is willing to receive phone calls?

In order for her business to appear for different search results, do we just need to work on SEO in general in order to get her knowledge panel and or business to be listed for specific search terms?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the best way to list a service area business that doesn't have regular office hours?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Debbie K

You are correct in the fact that you cannot have business pages for all the location.

The hours on the business page are for the hours that customers can contact the business, not the hours of the classes.

So if someone is available to answer customers phone calls 24hrs a day, then you can list it as that.

I would certainly be creating service area page for each location, detailing address, directions, times of classes, what classes you offer there etc.

http://onlineownership.com/niche-service-area-pages-within-a-town-location/

If you have enough content to warrant an individual page for each "music classes for babies, music classes for toddlers, music programs" then I would be creating them also.

This one I did relates to estate agents, but it details location pages, so worth a read:

http://onlineownership.com/estate-agents-local-seo-tips/

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership