My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What happens to reviews when business location changes?

NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I just signed up for google my business. However, if my business takes off, I will be moving to a bigger location. If by that time, I have accrued reviews on Google My Business, can I request Google to move those reviews to my new location if my business name etc remains the same?

Thanks!

NVC

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You would not dump the listing when you move... you would keep your listing (for the life of your business) and simply update the address, info, etc. as your business changes. 

Kind Regards,

James

NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James

Thank you for the response. If I combine my two current locations into one new location down the line, and I update the address for both listings, will I have to delete one as they would be duplicates? Would the reviews from both locations move to the one location?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NVC
May

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dr Nagma,

You are very welcome. 

Yes, you would only want one listing for each physical location, which needs to be current and correct at all times. Just keep updating your business information as needed. 

As for the reviews, this can vary based on the situation. Please read this concise help file, which should guide you well. 

All the Best,

James