My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What happens to page when I die?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking into creating a G+ page for the nonprofit organization I work for.  I'm wondering what happens if I become the owner of the G+ page and I die unexpectedly?

How can someone else within the organization obtain ownership without having access to my personal account info or hire lawyers? 

As I'm planning on also creating a youtube channel tied to this page I don't want the org to be punished or have all of our videos removed from lack of activity when I'm gone.  There must be some way to protect them, but I can't find any info on any official policy or procedure on how they would gain ownership.  (I could only find info on family members, but it was somewhat vague) It would be a shame to get something going only for them to have to completely start over when I'm gone.

Also, we are not technically a business, but rather a nonprofit charity organization, will this be an issue now that pages have been changed to Google My Business?  Am I even allowed to create a page here now?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens to page when I die?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
it depends on the page typ:
A brand page can only managed by the one having the credentials.
No method to get it transferred to anyone else.
But a verified local page can reclaimed by anyone of the business.
The "how to do" ist described here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en