My Business
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What happens if owner's Google Account is deleted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will be deleting and recreating the user's account in a different Google Apps account with the same email address.  Will there be any way to recover the Local Page?

I would do an ownership transfer except that I have delete/merge the Google Apps account today and therefore can't wait the 24hrs needed to transfer to a new manager.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens if owner's Google Account is deleted?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mario, yes, the local page won't go anywhere. Deleting it only removes it from the account, but it will remain unclaimed and connected to Google Maps.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would I have to redo the verification with the postcard? ...or would the new user (with the same email as the previous owner), or the manager be able to reclaim it more easily?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
After deleted the G+ page, it will remain connected to Google maps and unclaimed. You need to verify it again by claiming through postcard verification or a new user can also do the same.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes, it will likely be a postcard option. However, considering it's the same email, and it's not a new business, you might be offered the phone verification option.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky