My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What happened to my SEO and target country?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For several years my SEO has been excellent, however about a month or so ago, the business (lambertsfarmmarket.com) no longer shows up in searches AT ALL.

I have not changed a thing but at Google's "search console it says that someone changed my target country yet it wasn't me, the web master, or anyone else.

This is business is losing thousands of dollars because its website is not longer on the internet.

PLEASE HELP.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happened to my SEO and target country?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah B

This isn't a Google My Business related issue but I did quickly notice the likely cause the problem. All of the pages of your website that I looked at have this in the code:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex"/>

This is instructing Google to NOT index the pages. And this instruction is being reflected in the search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alambertsfarmmarket.com

From this article:

You can prevent a page from appearing in Google Search by including a noindex meta tag in the page's HTML code. When Googlebot next crawls that page, Googlebot will see the noindex meta tag and will drop that page entirely from Google Search results, regardless of whether other sites link to it.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.