My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What do I put in address bar when signing up for MyBusiness if I am based online?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am listing my business on Google My Business and it is asking me for a street address. Well, I manufacture my technology products at my house and I'm not going to put my house address on here under any circumstance because I don't want people knowing where I live every time they click on my business online, on maps, etc...

So what do I put? Definitely not my home address. remember, i am based online.

Help?

Business Name: Seybold Technology OFFICIAL

Phone: 407-906-3710

Address: Located in Winter Park, FL. (not giving my home address)

Site (about to buy a domain): seyboldtechnology.wix.com/seyboldtechnology

2 Expert replyverified_user

What do I put in address bar when signing up for MyBusiness if I am based online?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Put your home address :)

You'll then want to select the radio button at the bottom that says: I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location —Important information

Once selected, you'll be able to hide your address from appearing on Maps and search. 

However, before you do any of this, please ensure you meet the bar of qualifying for a local listing. Ultimately, you'll want to ensure that you make in-person contact with your customers. If you're simply making the product at your house and then mailing it to your customers, then you shouldn't be creating a local listing. However, if you intend to deliver the product yourself and do installation, then a local listing makes sense. 

By the way, are you really as young as mentioned on your site? If so, kudos. I'm pretty impressed you're able to get a business off the ground. Good luck to you. And, if you'd like the site to be a bit more polished, consider removing the ticker and music :)

Good luck!

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Seybold Tech

In accordance with Google My Business guidelines, only businesses that meet their customers face-to-face (either at the business' location or the customer's location) are eligible for a GMB listing. As an online only business you can not use the GMB service.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much! And yes, I am indeed as young as I say on my site, thanks for checking it out! I take all feedback seriously.

:)