My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

What constitutes a view?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can someone tell me what constitutes a 'view' of my listing please?

Eg If someone searches for something and I appear in the top three results - would this be classed as a view? Or would that person have to click onto my listing (I would assume that would be classed as a click)?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What constitutes a view?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @David R, here's a rundown of what all GMB Insights consist of https://support.google.com/business/answer/6001255?hl=en

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan

Thanks for this. I had read this previously but I don't think it answers my question.

If someone sees my listing in the top 3 or click 'more places' and I show up, does that count as a view? It isn't necessarily a view of my listing although it is visible.

In terms of clicks, it lists driving directions, phone number and website as the places that would count towards a click. However, you can simply click on the business name and it brings up more information. Would this count towards a click or would that be a view of the listing?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

HI @David R,

"If someone sees my listing in the top 3 or click 'more places' and I show up, does that count as a view? It isn't necessarily a view of my listing although it is visible."

Yes it does.

"In terms of clicks, it lists driving directions, phone number and website as the places that would count towards a click. However, you can simply click on the business name and it brings up more information. Would this count towards a click or would that be a view of the listing?"

99% sure it does. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky