My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website update on Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep putting my website information in my information for my My Business account but Google is not letting it show up. The information in the help section is not helpful on explaining the exact reason it is being rejected. If anyone can help me with an explanation that would be appreciated. I've tried emailing to get an answer but don't have a good email to use.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Superior S,

We've had this come up a couple times lately so might have an answer for you.  But please provide link to your Google Local page and your website so I can check something for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. Have rebranded my company and changed my website address (old address=lisaphalen.com; new address=barringtoncoaching.com). Updated everything in Webmaster Tools and even submitted a change of address for the lisaphalen.com account. Tried to update the website for My Business page/account; initially it takes with "Pending," then almost immediately reverts back to the old address with an "Updated" message. After reading all the explanation materials, I assume there is something in Google's data saying I can't change the website address yet. Is it just an issue of waiting a day or two? Or am I missing a step? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lisa B

read this article about my findings regarding such website issues.