My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website not showing in local searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI everyone, I need some advise please. My website went live in April and I have completed all the necessary steps required my google however my business still doesn't show on local searches using key words. My business only shows up when I type my business name in. Can someone please help as I don't know what else I can do. My business is called www.truelifts.co.uk

My only concern is my website has been live now for aprox 4 months and still not showing up in local searches.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Arshad H well over here on this side of the pond it does show up. I did a search for "Truelifts west yorkshire" and got 229 results. Also listed is your Google My business listing. Search results are customized to each viewer but you are there.  Can you be more specific in the terms or times it does not show up. One issue I noticed on first loading the site it seemed slow you may want to work on that some. The other suggestion is to go to the information section of this community and they have a lot of good articles written by top contributors that go into how to show up better. Keep adding photos and posts of jobs as they are installed and getting reviews and your listing will show more.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Website not showing in local searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, my business does show up when I type my business
name however my business doesn't show when I type key words for example
stairlifts in Yorkshire or stairlifts in keighley. My business doesn't show
up even locally. Thank you

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The fastest way to solve that is to have more content on your site that has those terms in it. So for an example describing an installation or service and how you fixed a problem with stairlifts in Yorkshire would show customer about your service as well as google that you have unique and relevant content on that topic. Also, you may want to check the article tab on this community page it has a lot of great information on local SEO and how to use Google My Business pages.  It is work but it will pay off in time.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Website not showing in local searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, I have key words set up since April, how long
does it take google to recognise my business for local searches?

Kind regards

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

it takes time and not just key words but content, links from other local business (chamber of commerce or contractor that puts in handicap ramps) to your site, set up a search console account and follow the recommendations in the article sections. These things would all speed up the process.  For sites I have worked on the more content I have that is relevant the faster it shows up. Some times it can be weeks or it takes a lot more time.  There are known to be over 200 ranking factors that google does not share, so you just have to learn and try things to see what works. It is not just putting key words in the title or meta description. There are a huge number of SEO companies that specialize in local search because of the number of factors involved, but with study, you can improve things yourself.