My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website not published

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The business is Solstice Massage in Chesterton, IN

While logged in to Google My Business I added our new website - www.solsticemassage.com  After refreshing, the website shows up in red with a strike through.  I have double checked that the site is up and running multiple times.  Please help me figure out how to fix this.

Verification - I attempted to verify the business by phone call and txt.  Both times I received a response that the call couldn't be made or that the text couldn't be sent.  Now the only option available is to verify via postcard, so I am currently waiting for the postcard in the mail.  I'm not sure if that is relevant - as I was able to add other information like location and phone number before verifying it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website not published

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura M

A couple things:

First, you mentioned you are waiting for the verification postcard but there is already a verified listing for the business: https://www.google.com/search?q=Solstice+Massage%2C+chesterton+indiana

This is its page: https://plus.google.com/104037825445814922250

Is this the one you have in your account or were you not aware of this one and have started to create a new listing for the business?

For the issue with adding the website, this is something that sometimes happens with new websites. Looks like the last time Google crawled your domain your website wasn't there yet. It was still the default GoDaddy page.

You should utilize Google Search Console (it's free) to help crawl and index your new website: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/4559176

Once Google has crawled and indexed the website you should be able to successfully add it to your Google My Business listing.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much!  I had 2 locations and I just deleted the extra one.  Now I have one verified account.  Thanks!  I'll wait and try to load up the website in a few days.

If you don't mind me asking another question - why don't my reviews and star ratings show up like the other businesses do?  

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 3.33.33 PM.png

And thank you for the link!  Reading through it now.

Laura

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome @Laura M. Once you get reach 5 reviews your listing will show the star rating like what you see on those other listings.

Once you utilize Search Console it may take a week or so to get the website to stick on your listing, but it should work. Report back in a couple weeks if it's still not working.

Something else I would recommend doing, if you how, is modifying the <title> tags on your pages.

solstice.jpg

So right now the title tag on your homepage is just "Home". I would change it to the company name, or even better, the company name and city. Something like: Solstice Massage - Chesterton, IN

And you could add the company name to the inside pages as well. So "Services - Solstice Massage" instead of just "Services".

There are also several good tips to help your presence in the search results in this article on the forum. Good luck!

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Website not published

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You've been very helpful! Thank you so much!

Website not published

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And I just changed the tags! You're the best!