My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website link is giving a 404 error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please can anyone help me?
I have a google listing for my business; Primary Connections Massage Therapy.

I have two email for this one is a personal one and one is the business itself. I got an email suggesting I promote my business with "google my business". Seemed like a good idea, but when I started I was required to create a google my business page. It asked me if I wanted to use it as my default, and instead of clicking "no" I mistakenly clicked on "yes". Now I can't find anyway to reverse this and when I tried to edit my listing to go back and use the google sites page (I spent all my time developing) I get a 404 error, and my account has been disabled.
I really don't know what to do and my google listing is so very important to my business. Please anyone who can help me, I would appreciate it so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Primary Connections M

are yo talking about the business and its listing at "5024 53 Ave, Tofield, AB T0B 4J0, Canada"?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is correct. When I use google search I get the listing on the right hand side, but when I click the link listed I get a 404 error because it wants to use this address ( http://primary-connections-massage-therapy.business.site/ ) instead of my sites here ( https://sites.google.com/site/primaryconnectionsca/ )
Google wanted me to create a google + for each email, but now it is saying I am duplicating pages. I don't know what to do because everything I've done so far has been at Google's prompting.
I'm so confused by this whole thing. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I understand the problem and can replicate it in a certain manner on my German end.

But can you please provide me a screen grab of your dashboard showing all the specified details of your listing "Primary Connections Massage Therapy"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I don't know how to add a screen shot. I also don't know which part of my dashboard to send you... my account? My sites? my profile? I don't seem to have a section for my listing?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Primary Connections M

I refer to a screenshot of what your dashboard shows you while being signed in.

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thank you for your help. I appreciate that link for the how-to. 

Fortunately, my case has been reviewed and my account has been re-instated.
I really appreciate you stepping up to help, that was really scary for a while when I didn't know what to do....

I still don't know what to do if things like this happen, but it is so good to know that someone out there will try to help me!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Primary Connections M

thanks for your kind words.

But I really would like to understand how the issue got resolved and your listing reinstated

Have you contacted bsuiness support regarding this or did they call you?

How did you got a notice it was reinstated?

btw the above mentioned site http://primary-connections-massage-therapy.business.site/ still gives me an 404 error

Thanks for enlighting me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

There was a link included with the statement that told me the account was suspended. " This account is suspended. Need help?" I went through a series of pages and  I found a link to appeal a suspension, and I filled in all the details of the form and explained what happened. 
They sent me an email to let me know that they had reviewed my account and would lift the suspension. <whew> that's  a relief!

The business site was the incorrect address. If you try the link on the listing now it should take you to the sites page which is the correct link.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still, I am glad that there was someone responding. Gave me hope, you know.
So, thank you very much.