My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website disappeared from My Google Business page and I cannot get it back on there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a verified Google Business page/listing for a few months now which included all the information regarding my business including my website. My website came in on teh top of search results and everything has been fine until about 4-5 das ago.For some reason my website info/link was removed from my Google Business page and I received a message at the top of my page "We have updated your business information based on user reports and data".This message still appears.

Now my website does not show up on the Google search results at all as if it never existed. I was able to get a call back from Google support yesterday which the person couldn't figure anything out and was no help at all. The representative told me to add my website to my Google Business page again and it will show back up within 24 hours. It did not. Now I can't find any phone or chat support from Google. I've been trying for 4 days to get my website added back to my business page with no luck. I tried emailing for support with no reply. This is starting to hurt our business.

Whitney Modern

24 North Santa Cruz Ave. Los Gatos CA 95033

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111564416550068754946

3 Expert replyverified_user

Website disappeared from My Google Business page and I cannot get it back on there.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Whitney Modern

are you talking about this website: whitney.org for your verified listing  

"Whitney Modern" at 24 N Santa Cruz Ave. 2nd Floor, Los Gatos, CA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, not whitney.org. Our site is www.whitneymodern.com 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ok @Whitney Modern

I can replicate getting rejected your website on MapMaker as well as on GMB.

There are about four  such websites like yours per month affected by this behavior.

I can't tell you the exact reasons for your website but recommend strongly to read this (at least its last chapter as in your case teh Https matter isn't applicable):

I have created an article to summarize my general findings:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12otVIWXu3fmZVk3W7PwfySBpg6HZpHtbWNKmvW0R_Ss/edit?usp=sharing

Website still not updating on my Business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my 2nd attempt here to try and find help. I launched my website a few months ago. Though it took some time to appear in search results, it finally made its way up the Google search results and eventually showed up as the top result when searching our name "Whitney Modern". My Google Business page would show a link to our website, and a link would also show on Google Maps. That lasted for about one month with absolutely no problems.

About a week ago our website disappeared from the Google search results completely and has not returned. Simultaneously  our website link on our Google Business page disappeared and the following message is at the top of our business page: "we have updated your business information based on user reports and our data". Our website link also disappeared on Google Maps.

I have tried a few times to "add website" which it will then show "pending" for a very short while and then later it will just show "ad website" again with the word "updated" in blue above it. I'll wait a few days and nothing happens. And this just happens over & over without ever getting my website back on my business page, back on the Maps page, and back on Google search results. 

I have tried several chats, emails, and call-backs from Google and have found no one who can understand what is wrong and help me. Again, everything was up and working perfectly for the past few months. I was and still am using the Wix premium platform for my website but the website has not really changed and is working fine (if anyone can find it now). This is truly hurting our new business and I need to find a solution as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Business name: Whitney Modern

Email associated with GMB : whitneymodern@gmail.com

Street address: 24 North Santa Cruz Avenue, 2nd Floor, Los Gatos CA 95030

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Whitney Modern ,

Sorry for the run-around you are experiencing. 

I am a Google Local Guide and Google GYBO partner and I submitted your website to your listing. This should update it in Google Search and Google Maps. 

Please let us know what happens with this. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Whitney Modern & FYI  @J Clemens

There is no need to post an issue twice.

@Whitney Modern posted the first time in here and got an answer from me.

Wondering why not getting any info from @Whitney Modern on this advise???

I will definetively close this thread here - merging it with the other one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help James but I have not seen any results as of yet. Still no website/link on my Business page and our website is still missing from search results on Google.

Best,

Gordon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut Geissler,

Thank you very much for your advice but unfortunately your answer just led me to several posts about other people's problems that may or may not relate to my problem. Reading through those links & posts, I could not find a specific reason why I am having this problem, nor could I find a specific remedy to fix it. In any event, Google support itself has done nothing to help except the occasional general reply saying they are looking into the matter and then they go on to suggest I buy more Ad-Words advertising. I'm not at all experienced at any of this but cannot understand why my problem is so difficult for Google support to help me fix it?. I've been asking them for help for over a week with no results. That is why I continue to ask here on this forum where hopefully someone will know exactly what the problem is, and exactly how to fix it?

Best,

Gordon

Business name: Whitney Modern

Email associated with GMB : whitneymodern@gmail.com

Street address: 24 North Santa Cruz Avenue, 2nd Floor, Los Gatos CA 95030

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Whitney Modern @Helmut Geissler @James_Clemens

I'm wondering if it could possibly have to do with the content of the website itself. Looking at the source code of the cached version of the homepage, every image has an alt text of "Whitney Modern", and each image has a corresponding <p> tag that just says "Whitney Modern". Plus, near the footer there is white text on a white background. So it could be possible that Google sees it as a site that is keyword stuffing and using hidden text, and has therefore penalized it.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.