My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website address not found in Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have submitted my website to Google's index but cannot see it listed Google when I type the business name? Do you know why this is the case? I submitted it 3 days ago. Usually when I submit websites, it will be listed the next day. I have added a robots.txt file and verified the website through Webmaster Tools and still not working.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Adrian

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website address not found in Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian

You might have better luck if you go through the webmaster forum - this community is about Google My Business pages not websites.

On a side note - you sound as though you know what you're doing, so I'm asuming you've checked Search Console and verified Google has crawled the site.
If it is in Google's index but not showing with a name search, then typically that means the business doesn't yet have a strong enough online presence for Google to feel confident displaying that website for that query. Look at things like citations, Social Media presence (and is that linked to the website), and overall online activity (which won't be much if the site is only just getting started). Also try the query adding the location. If the website is targeting a local area, then typically there will be pages on the site about the locations as well as the business address.

The link to the webmaster forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Adrian M,

To add a little more to @Margaret O great reply, I would go to Google Search Console and resubmit your site map, and use their tool Fetch as Google.

When you use Fetch as Google, it will show you the status of the website and a option to submit to index. When you click submit to index, you are hand feeding the website to Google! How great is that? Note: if it shows that it is indexed, do not resubmit to index, just move to other areas of Google Search Console. 

If it is not indexed, click to submit and pick the second option to Crawl this URL and its direct links.

console.png

To find the Fetch as Google feature:

1) Log in to Google Search Console. 

2) Click on your property

3) Click on Crawl.

4) Click on Fetch as Google

Once you complete this, be sure to look at Crawl Errors, Site Maps, then migrate to each section and feature until you have complete everything. The more you employ, the stronger your presence will be online. 

There are many powerful features built into Google Search Console and it is best to master them all for your website.

Further, use the Google Developers Site Speed tool and utilize their recommendations and download their optimized content and replace it within your website. 

If you have a strong score with Site Speed and you employ many of the features within Search Console... you will be online with Google in no time at all (unless the content breaks their guidelines). 

Please note that you can enter the website address into Google (not the business name) and if it shows up, your site is online with Google and it is too new, has content issues or some other area to address for it to populate further. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

King Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggested solution but still no indexing of the URL, will adding a sitemap help this?

Thanks,

Adrian

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Adrian M, you are very welcome.

Absolutely. A sitemap is a critical component of a website. Google replies on them greatly. 

Please note that is tales time for your submitted page to show. It could be in the process now and you just can't see it yet. 

While you are waiting, I recommend you go through the following:

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Develoeprs Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4.  

Put the power of these tools to use and for your benefit. Your website should be using most of the features within Search Console and you really need high scores for the others I list. 

Please let us know what you discover and if you need further help.

King Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,
I have managed to submit the sitemap.xml through webmaster tools and it has been processed successfully. I have tried to type the main keywords of the domain name onlinetaxrefunds.net.au but still not listed on Google's first page. Any other suggestions? Site speed is at 84/100

Thanks,

Adrian

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Adrian M,

Your website is indexed by Google (I checked), so that is a great thing. 

What you are now trying to do is something that takes time and a continual effort by updating your website weekly, submitting your Sitemap.XML every 3-4 weeks, checking Search Console often for improvements to make... and researching the techniques of SEO (search engine optimization).

Go back to step #4 and make it perfect. Raise your speed scores more... study your competitors and see what their meta info (visit their website and right click on webpage and click view source) looks likes compared to yours. From my quick glance at yours, you could use more meta tags. 

In essence, you have your site developed, your have it connected to Search Console ( and Google Analytics?)... now you are in the continual process of refinement and optimization.

Now would be a good time to crank up some AdWords campaigns, if you are not already. Get social (add in social sites and link them to your website), get local (add your website to directories and local listings)... regroup and run the lap again. This is a forever process now, whereas the work never stops (which is what far too many businesses do). You stay at it and the results will catch up with you. 

If you need further help, please just let me know.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Thank you for your email. Some great tips! Much appreciated. How do you know it's been indexed? Could you see the website on one of the pages?

Thanks,

Adrian

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Adrian M,

You are very welcome. 

If you copy a web address into Google search and it shows up, it is indexed. This is step one.

Step two is to type your business name into Google search and see if and on what page of SERPs (search engine results pages) it is on. Make a note of the date of this placement... this is your new benchmark to work on. There are 10 organic (free) placements per page... only ten. You should be here rather quick.

Step three is to type in related words & terms (keywords) into Google search and show up on the front page, in the first placement (you win the race).  Search for the ten most relateable words to your business and make a note of the date of these placements... this is your new benchmarks to beat. There are 10 organic (free) placements per page and only the ten best (most relevant) can be on the front page... and this will take work and determination. 

Settle in... the race is an endurance one, not a sprint. 

Tips to work on: Meta Page Descriptions! Meta Tags! Image ALT Tags! H1 Tags! H2 Tags! 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Typing in the web address and still can't see the site indexed on google.com.au

Any reason why?

Thanks,

Adrian