My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Website URL added to by GMB?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It seems that after I entered my business website URL in my GMB profile, it was modified with a hastag/page path. I'm wondering what the purpose of this is since entering that URL DOES lead to my homepage...

To illustrate, the homepage for my local counseling practice is https://amplifepractice.com, which I entered as such in my GMB profile. Then, several days later when I logged in to check my GMB profile I noticed that my website URL was changed to include a hashtag/page path – https://amplifepractice.com/#q0LyJ9.

Is this for tracking purposes or something? Perhaps just an error?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Tyler

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tyler H

have you checked the content of oyur dashboard already regarding the part #q0LyJ9 ?

I see in MapMaker this part also!

And regarding any responsibility of GooglemyBsuiness:

it would be the first time they are adding it for any internal reason and frankly I doubt they do or did  this intentionally

Re: Website URL added to by GMB?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply @Helmut Geissler!

I did check my GMB dashboard, which is where I originally noticed this URL discrepancy. If nobody is aware of any reason Google would have added this, then I'm inclined to delete it. I'm also wondering if it might have anything to do with my usage of Moz Local to update my local directory listings?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tyler H

I doubt this is related to MOZ but who knows?

Recommend updating your dashbaord specifying the proper website without the hashtag snippet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Helmut. Unfortunately, I have tried this several times and spoken to Google support about is...it just keeps happening and they have been less than helpful :/ 

I'll continue troubleshooting and will eventually get it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tyler H

please make a last edit through your dahsboard removing the stupid part "#5de9g0"

I additional escalated your matter to Google

(for my own reference "row 193 ")

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Tyler H

Just got  a very fast word back from my communication manager.

She ask me to ask you to go into your dashboard and accept the changes she made (actually the website in your listing seems already corrected)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Amplified+Life+Counseling+%26+Coaching/@42.823376,-85.7260927,17z/...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

That was FAST! Thanks for your attention to this.

I already accepted that change AND spoke to Moz about what was going on. Moz said that they do, in fact, add the hashtag for verification and tracking purposes. Supposedly, this doesn't harm my site's authority or SEO.

If it doesn't harm my site in any way, then I'm fine having it there. I'm working with Moz to better understand how this hashtag verification works and what specifically they're using it to track. 

If only I didn't have to pay for the premium subscription to get faster support responses :/