My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another - but it's NOT!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm the owner of 3 seperate self catering apartments each of which has a different address and each of which are furnished differently and could be sold seperately.

I've managed to list 2 of these with google but the third is showing 'We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another'. But it's NOT a duplicate and there doesn't seem to be any way I can simply explain this to google.

I couldn't list them all under the same description as they are different properties and if a guest booked one of them and then arrived at the property to see it was totally different there would be a real problem.

I'm listed on major sites like booking .com, Holiday Letts, AirBnB, etc and ALL of them list each apartment seperately. How can I deal with this please?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Stephen C

the guidlines make clear this:

Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
  • Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
  • An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.

This means only your "Sales or leasing offices" are eligible for verification.

Not eligibke are either of the three appartements!

Period!

Is the suspended business listing your "Sales or leasing offices" where you fasce your customers? 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Doubting  your appartements do quality at all for local listings.

Stuff to rent is not allowed on GoogleMyBusiness

This would only be allowed if there is kind of reception for the appartment 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Helmut, I'm not sure I understand your comment 'Doubting  your appartements do quality at all for local listings'. Each of these properties are verified and annually inspected by the N.Ireland Tourist Board and have each been awarded 4* status. They are fully furnished properties and are registered as businesses. They are also displayed on our own website with it's own booking engine.

In terms of having a reception at the apartment, I haven't seen this prerequisite before anywhere? The whole point of a self catering property is that you rent the whole property and do not set aside an area for a reception.

You rent a self catering property in a similar way as you rent a hotel room which is clearly indexed by Google.

This is exactly the sort of properties which guests looking for an alternative to a hotel will look for when they go on a short holiday or a business trip and IMHO Google is letting them down by not displaying them in the search returns when this is clearly what they are looking for.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

they clearly write here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

"In order to qualify for a Google My Business listing, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours"

How do you achive on such appartements without staff this requirement?

How good or bad your locationas are furnished and wheter or not I could be book them through booking.com is irrelevant.

Coming to a listed verified business I have to expect any staff there to meet in person and meeting me in Person

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It goes without saying that we will ALWAYS meet and greet our guests, how else could we familiarise them with the heating, wifi, local tourist knowledge, take payment, etc? We generally spend around half an hour with each guest and then leave them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Really dissapointed that I couldn't resolve my problem on this forum, even more annoyed that I don't appear to be able to contact Google directly to discuss further!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Stephen C

the guidlines make clear this:

Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
  • Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
  • An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.

This means only your "Sales or leasing offices" are eligible for verification.

Not eligibke are either of the three appartements!

Period!

Is the suspended business listing your "Sales or leasing offices" where you fasce your customers? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright Helmut, dissapointed but hit a brick wall. Thanks for your input.