My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wanting Reservation Option on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!  I am hoping I can get some answers on here, as it has been seriously ambiguous anywhere else I have tried.  I own a business that runs on reservations and appointments.  I would like to use the reservation option on Google Maps that hotels and restaurants use.  I know it can be done because I have seen others with the same business type as I use it.  When I called Google, they told me it was through Google Hotel Ads.  When I tried to set up hotel ads, it gave me a list of reservation services Google works with that are only for hotels.  I use a booking software that is for general appointment making (with which I am very happy and would not like to change).  Has anyone had luck or even tried using the reservation service on Google without having a restaurant or hotel?  I appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shane L
June 2016

Re: Wanting Reservation Option on Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I just want to be sure to call out that the code snippets from Tim's article were for restaurants. I'd recommend you use JSON-LD as outlined in this guide (also check out the spreadsheet in Step 1) to specify where you'd like people to make a reservation on your website. Google will read this, and will likely update your knowledge panel reservation link if you set up the Schema properly, but it may take a while before Google picks it up and makes the change. 

Don't forget to run it through the schema testing tool first to make sure it's all working properly. 

Hope this helps!
Meghan

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shane L,

Here's some helpful information on Place Actions written by TC, @Tim Capper. Can you tell me what type of business you run and/or what booking software you are referring to? Certain booking services will appear on your listing automatically if eligible, but you maybe able to help make this association clear to Google by correctly marking up the info as Tim covered. 

Best,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I own an escape room as a tourist attraction. Essentially, customers can book to play up to every one and a half hours.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh very cool! I've seen typical booking software like Intuit become a booking link before. What booking software do you use? Here's some additional optimization recommendations from another thread about an escape room.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
FareHarbor. I checked out the first post you gave me and added the code.
I think that will help!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shane L
June 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I just want to be sure to call out that the code snippets from Tim's article were for restaurants. I'd recommend you use JSON-LD as outlined in this guide (also check out the spreadsheet in Step 1) to specify where you'd like people to make a reservation on your website. Google will read this, and will likely update your knowledge panel reservation link if you set up the Schema properly, but it may take a while before Google picks it up and makes the change. 

Don't forget to run it through the schema testing tool first to make sure it's all working properly. 

Hope this helps!
Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It does!! Thanks again, so much!