My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Want to remove an adverse comment by a reviewer who posted in Google My Business page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a doctor and i listed my clinic in Google my business page. I must thank google for this option as patients come after searching Google often.

One person, appears young from his image, posted me as FAKE DOCTOR !

I was stunned to see this kind of comment! I never know whether he ever came to see me or whats his actual problem is. He then made the same comment in my another clinic page. This kind of comment significantly affects a professional like doctor. It is better to have no review or even no page than this comment. Reputation is hard earned for a doctor over the years. How can I remove this  comment? Do you feel, this kind of comment is legally correct? There were so many other ways to solve his issues if he had something .

Want to remove an adverse comment by a reviewer who posted in Google My Business page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately Google highly regards reviews, even if they may not be accurate.  There is a process in how to approach this, but in the end the comment will most likely not be removed.  I would suggest that you professionally respond to the negative review.  This way people reading the reviews will see your concern and how you want to resolve their issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Got your point. However, this I believe should not be the perfect solution for someoone havinga local business page. Anybody can post anything but there should be a strict  review policy. Open forum should not be a place for dirty, unethical comments. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I completely agree with you, but unfortunately I think Google is under the assumption that no one would ever do anything malicious.  Maybe one day they will get it figured out and give a little stronger control over reviews.