My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Want to add "My Business" to an existing brand account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google Brand account with a YouTube channel for my web development company, J.F. Web Development.  There is also a Google+ page.   I'd like to add a "My Business" listing to this brand account.  Unfortunately, when I go to add "My Business", it creates a whole new Brand account.  I did this a few months ago without realizing it created two separate accounts and it caused a bunch of headaches.  This morning, I deleted the duplicate account and tried to create a new My Business listing specifically with the brand affiliated with my YouTube channel.  It did not work.  I believe the spot where it's causing the error, is that it says "A new Google+ page will be created for your business" - I attached a screenshot.  You'll also see a screenshot showing I now have two brand accounts. I do not want a new brand account, I want to keep the existing one.  It's already confusing to have a personal account and a brand account, I don't want to complicate things with a second brand account.

Name: J.F. Web Development

Address:   48 Pippin Drive East
                Glastonbury, CT 06033

Phone: 860-578-4966

Map URL:   Working on that, gotta get the 'My Business' list working

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTPfW38JdB1_E_YvbJWVPHQ

google-my-business.jpggoogle-my-business2.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Want to add "My Business" to an existing brand account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just adding that @Jim F originally posted over in the Google+ Help Community, and I suggested he post over here as it seems it's probably an issue with Google My Business and Brand Accounts, rather than Google+. 

(Also I was surprised to learn that creating a Google My Business Location still creates a Google+ Page)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to bump this - can anyone help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure how to get a little more attention to this - it's been 4 days without a response. Not to say that 4 days is a long time to not have the solution, but I'm not certain that anyone has even read this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Even weirder, I just got another postcard in the mail with another activation code.  I punched it in and got a message that my page was taken down due to quality issues.  I don't get it... there wasn't even anything there.  All I want is to have one account with my YouTube, Google+, and My Business all linked so I can start driving some local business.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks @Peggy K for pinging me (beside others)

I remember having seen @Jim F 's thread earlier times.

Unfortunately the Lithium team changed recently the notifications of this forum - this might caused thah I lost the thread later in my mind.

To the matter @Jim F is asking:

As far as I know and understood there is unfortynately  no more any option to "connect" or tie a local listing with any existent "brand" page.

Since the "divorce' between GoogleMyBusiness and G+ and since (as a consequence of this divorce) all brandpages left the "common house" of GMB.

The older possible method to connect brand pages to GMaps have been based on the meanwhile disappeared fact to "tie" a brand page in  a certain dahboard with a verified local page of the same dashboard.

Before the "Divorce" the GMB dashboard was splitted into "Locations" and "Brand'.

The mentioned option to connect was only possible between one item of "Brand" with one item or "Location"

Since now the GMB dashboard contains just "Locations" we can't connect items of "brands" and "locations" anymore.

Hope this clarifies the matter

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if I delete the second brand account with the GMB?

Would I then be able to add a GMB to my existing Brand Account that has the YouTube channel?  That would avoid any challenges of trying to merge brand accounts.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim F, unfortunately as @Helmut Geissler said there's no way now to use existing Brand page only accounts to create a local map listing.

You have to have that second, new brand account. Once it is set up though you should be able to transfer your YouTube channel to that account.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have re-made the second brand account.  The first is over a year old and has my YouTube channel and the new one has the Google My Business. I believe they both have separate Google+ page.  It looks like my Google My Business page was suspended.

https://business.google.com/b/113600976331272401251

How do I now get my My Business page back up and get the YouTube channel over to this account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK - I got my "Google My Business" listing back up:

https://business.google.com/b/113600976331272401251

Now how do I get my YouTube on the same account?  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTPfW38JdB1_E_YvbJWVPHQ