My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Want business location removed from my home address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a business that I closed which was on google mpas. I went to google maps and put permanently closed but there was no option as in help that I search which says slide to the right to tell google to remove it from maps.

after I did permanently closed it showed up in red that the business is permanently closed. When i closed my business I moved it to my house address not realizing it would be so difficult to remove it from the map.

When one puts the business as permanently closed will google review it and then delete it from the map? If so what is the estimated time before the business is deleted from the Map?

When i saw that I changed it from permanently closed and back to the way it was.

can someone please provide some answers

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would remove the permanently closed on the address and then put in the move request. If you send me the link I can see if my rights will let me make the change. I am currently a level 5 LG and have done moves before. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't want to move the business. I want it removed from Google. I closed the business 2 years ago and I cannot figure out how to permanently remove the listing from google. I read help that is old and not updated from google on how to remove from the map. I don't like seeing permanently closed in red. I don't want it to show up period. Is there a way to do this?

Re: Want business location removed from my home address

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pagakis Photography,

It can take some time for Google to remove your listing. Google leaves listings of closed businesses visible so that customers that maybe searching for a closed business understand that they have permanently closed (vs. mysteriously disappeared). Since you were serving clients at their location and have since moved your business address to your home address, I'd recommend that you update your business information to represent your closed business as a service area business. Do not check the checkbox, and your business listing should not appear as a pushpin on your physical address although your listing may still appear in local pack or search results.

SAB.png

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Adding to what @Meghan T said to @Pagakis Photography:

read 1# on Joys article:

http://searchengineland.com/7-unannounced-updates-google-business-2017-274086