My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Virtual Tours analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to view user data for or otherwise analyze user behavior information for our Google Virtual Tours. I haven't been able to locate anything official... which surprises me. Does anyone know of a way to collect usage analytics for Virtual Tours?

We have a number of virtual tours posted, particularly locations which serve the family and support networks for medical patients. We're trying to learn what we can about the use of these virtual tours to inform our practices moving forward.

Here's an example of one that we have live:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Novant+Health+Buddy+Kemp+Cancer+Support+Center/@35.2081696,-80.826...

Thank you!

Virtual Tours analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I've never used virtual tours myself. Is the data not in your google my business insights? When you log into your GMB account and then click 'manage' on the business location and then click 'view insights' DO you see what you are looking for there?

Virtual Tours analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had hoped so, but they don't appear to be tracked under insights. The insights page does give the number of actions (phone calls, directions) and also includes the number of photo views, but this doesn't include the VR... just still photos.

As one example, I have a location with two regular photos and a virtual tour. Insights reports that I have two photos, and doesn't say anything else about other media.

Thanks for the thought though Matt!

Virtual Tours analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh man sorry I thought that would be listed within insights. Sorry. If you find out the answer post back here as I would love to know for future reference Thanks and good luck