My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Virtual Tour Photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Envision Eye Care
5001 S Parker Rd #204
Aurora, CO 80015

720-507-7004

Question about Indoor remaining photo spheres in customer business Google Map location. My Virtual tour is now working but now I have 10 photo spheres in the customers business photos. Is it ok to delete 9 photos and just keep the main starting photo #1 After the 24hr period to process the virtual tour photo? Having 10 photo spheres doing the virtual tour is kind of messy. For example... image creating a virtual tour for a large restaurant with a nice open patio and let's just say that it'll take 40 photo spheres to create the tour. You don't want to show all 40 photo spheres on the clients Google business page. You only need ONE photo sphere to show up and when the user clicks on it, they will start to interact with the virtual tour. I've seen many business pages on Google that "hide" most of the photo spheres that are linked to the virtual tour and only show 1-2 photo spheres. I would prefer if Treebles does not to respond as she/he does not understand the question from mulitple Google forums. 

Examples of businesses with virtual tours that only show 2-3 photo spheres on the left side of their main photo page on Google.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Virtual Tour Photos

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason,

You cannot delete them, they will disappear from Maps and you would not have a virtual tour.

The current version of the virtual tours is messy, Google has decided to display every single photo sphere instead of grouping them under one thumbnail image, so we have to live with that until Google decides to improve the experience.

The examples you provided are from See Inside tours, the previous version of the virtual tours. Google would eventually migrate those tours to the new system and they will also show every single photo sphere.

I am guessing that Google would not work in improving the visual experience of the new virtual tours system until they have migrated the old See Inside virtual tours to the current system.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor