My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Very Frustrated Need Help Now, Please!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name  Harrod's Diesel Towing & Recovery 
2. Current business address  1111 Twilight Trail Frankfort KY 40601
3. Current telephone number 502-227-7383
4. Google Maps URL https://www.google.com/maps/place/Harrod's+Diesel/@38.157709,-84.8998547,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1...
5. Website (if applicable) www.harrodsdiesel.com

Hi, I've been trying for a very long time to get our listing updated.  Everything goes good, until I try to update the Name or the Category.  

Apparently, one problem was I was trying to verify a listing, got a code and everything, but we already had one.  I read about that issue, so I deleted that listing after I couldn't convince Google that I had a verification page.  

I logged in and it showed us as verified.  (Probably something I did a long time ago via the website).  When I first log in after set up it says that it is not connected to Google or Maps.  In a few minutes it does connect.  So I went for the name and category.  Didn't even get to hit submit before it suspended the account.   I thought this was the purpose of it, to fix issues.  They have our business down as a radiator shop and we haven't done that since before the internet!

So, I deleted the listing and set it back up 3 more times.  Eventually, I didn't touch the category NOR did I touch the name.  Everything was fine.  The proper hours were showing and some of the minor edits were there.  

Then I went to the listing on Google through Maps I guess and "suggested a change".   I didn't do it through my Google Business Dashboard, but rather just the Maps thing.  I changed the name and category.  It actually worked for about 3 seconds and then whamo, suspended again in the Google My Business.    

Then I got an email from Maps saying that since I'm verified through Google My Business that the edit will be published soon.

I really have no freaking clue what is going on here.  They have not made it easy and I can't get any help.  We need the category to be changed as we were never an Auto Radiator Repair.  

I've tried to make everything the SAME across all websites etc so the bots will be happy, but I just can't seem to win.   

Is it really suspended OR are they merely trying to convey they are working on updating what I need changed?  

I've read things till my eyes were bloody and my arm hurts from typing and trying to plead with Google.  I know it's Saturday, but surely somebody can assist.  

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry you are having this issue. I would have a call with Google about this.
They are available during normal business hours on weekdays. Please try this avenue and see if they can resolve your issue. 

If they cannot, please come back to this thread with a case ID and we can escalate the issue from there. 

Or you can reach out to them on Social media
http://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
http://twitter.com/googlemybiz

You can always ask Google to reinstate your listing: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?hl=en

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried the "call link" but it doesn't do anything but bring up a form.  I filled out the form and I got an instant reply that I need to get a verification card, which isn't right.  I also got that reply before lunch when I had the duplicate listing.  Does the link work for calling during the day, or should I just try to send them a FaceBook question?   

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shannon M
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The call link only works Mon - Fri 9am pst - 5pm. I would reach out on Facebook or Twitter. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO