My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verifying my Business with no mailing address after contact with My Business Help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Creative Manufacturing Services

6320 Highway 70, Sorrento,LA 70778

225-675-8802

https://www.creativemanufacturingservices.com

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Creative+Manufacturing/@30.239,-90.839,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5...

I am trying to get my business address change along with the name. We are changing the google name from Creative Manufacturing to Creative Manufacturing Services to be consistent across the internet. Our machine shop is located along a highway so we do not have a mailbox rendering the postcard useless.

I have tried contacting the Google My Business Team and they told me to reply to confirm my desire to video verify. I responded and they wrote back saying:

"Hi John,

We are sorry for the inconvenience,we cannot proceed with the video verification.

You need to complete the verification process yourself by requesting a postcard.Hence,we will not be able to verify your business for you: finalizing the verification via postcard is the standard method,and it is required per our policies.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Have a great day!"

I made it clear to them multiple times that we cannot get mail because we do not have a mailbox due to our physical location being on a State Highway.  Is there any other way to contact them, maybe by phone, to get this verification complete. I have trying to do this for close to six weeks with no luck from communication through google.

John G

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verifying my Business with no mailing address after contact with My Business Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John G

Business support is correct, you do need to request a postcard, regardless of whether you receive post there or not.  

The address used, matches the Map location, so if you used a PO Box then your customers would be sitting outside your mail box and not your business.

So, as per instructions, request verification to your physical address.

When this has not arrive after 14 days you can contact business support, who will help complete the verification.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Verifying my Business with no mailing address after contact with My Business Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tim,

I have requested a post card twice and waited 14 days both times. Then contacted. The first time they told me to request another post card. The second time is now and they gave me the option to do video verification since I cannot receive the postcards they are sending. After I accepted the option to do it, they waited a day and then responded saying they cannot do video verification and I will have to request another post card. I do not know what good requesting a third card will do as they will never make it to our location. I am waiting a response from the local support but am anticipating that I will get the same response to request another post card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any information necessary.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'll see if I can get someone to take a look and see what the problems is.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It should be under review in your dashboard