My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verify my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello-

I added a business listing and got the postcard sent to me.  I put the pin in and then didn't check my account for a few weeks.  I'm currently signed into my account and on the info tab.  The top right says my business is verified but isn't connected to Google Maps or Search yet.  I click on more info and it doesn't help.  Has anyone had this issue?  I'm annoyed but maybe I skipped a step?  I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks!

Tyler Peterson

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verify my business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler P

What is the business please - name and location or maps link

Can you also check your dashboard, it will say if it is published or not.

Dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/

screenshot-business.google.com-2017-08-01-21-08-05.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Verify my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim-

The business name is 'Tyler Peterson - Realtor® - Associated Realty'.  The location is 812 Ashworth Rd, Des Moines, IA, 50265.  My dashboard says I have 1 pending review...

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler P

I can't find that on maps at all, but if you have 1 review pending, I'm guessing it is verified.

Can you connect with business support and check to see what the issue is.

How to Contact Google Business Support

Failing that please come back here and I can try and find someone to take a look at the issue.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Verify my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again-

I've already sent feedback (as that is the only option in contact us) and no one has gotten back to me.  I really need this fixed.  When I search maps, I find it.  But, it has my old address business listing.  That one is 'Tyler Peterson - Realtor - Associated Realty' and it is on 905 W Bridge Rd, Polk City, IA 50266.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Verify my business

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This is already verified, so you can correct the address in your dashboard.

https://goo.gl/maps/9nMVN5xQXmm

Correct address in dashboard, then you may need to reverify

Verify my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What does pending review mean?  Pending for who?  Google?  I've removed the duplicate listing from another address.  How long do I wait until the permanent closure has been reviewed and removed from Google?  I would imagine that then I will be able to have my correct listing show up...

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It is better to mark an old  business locations as 'Permanently Closed' = Yes when you actually move.

Set up other web directory entries a few weeks before you plan to move for the new location.

This may be by an edit or the same Close old listing and make New listing.

Set up the new location a week before opening and get the verification post card at the new location.

You need to make sure most of the mentions out there on the web for the old location are Closed or changed to the new location. Odd ones you cannot change should harmlessly associate with the Permanently Closed option. This is an option Google added after I complained about the problems with web directory entries user could not get changed.

You can do this yourself or get a SEO company to do it for you.

Citations
https://moz.com/learn/local/citations

SEO Help with Citations
https://moz.com/blog/advanced-citation-audit-clean-up-achieve-consistent-data-higher-rankings

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler P

Pending Review, means that Google can't quite verify the business exists or they have found conflicting info online.

Contact business support to rectify if still pending ( they usually last around 48hrs whilst manually checked )

How to Contact Google Business Support