My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verified business not showing full address or on maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently created a Google plus account and verified my business address, originally when searching some key terms i.e. Richard Ruddick Architecture, Architects Newcastle, Architect Newcastle, my business would show on Google maps with my full address, this has now stopped and shows the address simply as Newcastle upon Tyne with no marker.

When searching Richard Ruddick Architecture specifically the business shows on the right hand side of google but the address is ‘Newcastle upon Tyne’ only and the map thumbnail shows the UK zoomed out, not a pin or zoomed location for my business. I don’t know how to resolve this.

Business Name: Richard Ruddick Architecture

Business Address: 18 Tenth Avenue, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE65XU.

Current Telephone Number: 0191 209 6020

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/b/118374808555958854362/118374808555958854362/about?gmbpt=true&pageId=118374...

Any help would be great.

screen shot.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author richard r
February 2016

Re: Verified business not showing full address or on maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@richard r

Its pretty simple Richard

You specified a service area business with a very huge radius and you decided to define getting your address hidden by unchecking "I also serve customers at my home address"

Screenshot 2016-02-01 at 17.47.48.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have just verified my business and have set it to working with 100 miles radius. It is not showing yet. I'd be grateful if you could let me know how long this will take

Many thanks

Sarah
Plain Sailing HR
PE19 7BA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sarah S, you should post in a new thread, you'll get better responses that way. (Remember to post your business information so people can see specifics). 

I can tell you right now though, it's not a good idea to use a service area any higher than 40 mile radius. Setting it wider tends to hurt your rankings.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut,

Very helpful and exactly as you said, very simple!

Thank you.