My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verified, But Not Showing up in Google Under Category and Location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I verified my business several months ago on Google my Business, yet when I search for my category and location nothing shows up in the first 26 pages, after that I gave up because it was showing results that made no sense, like this "Make money online reading email free ebook $ Instant", and yet my business was still not appearing.  Why?

The category is Photography and the location is Reading, UK.  So the Google Search I submitted was "Photographer in Reading UK".  Help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verified, But Not Showing up in Google Under Category and Location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mach P

Please provide the URL of your business page (as managed in your dashboard of GMB) or alternatively Name. address, phone and website of the business page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Helmut,
The details are as follows:

MACH Photography
10-14 Duke Street
Reading
Berkshire
RG1 4RU
machphotography.com

I appreciate your help.
Martin

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm bit out of ideas what could causing your issue not getting found on a category search like "Photographer Reading, Berkshire UK"

But have a question: you obviously have two pages
one for the UK: plus.google.com/109886126062456992797
and an other
one for the US: plus.google.com/+MACHPhotography

Do you manage both in the same dashboard of GoogleMyBusiness ?

The only idea I have is the word "MACH" (spelled in ALLCAPS ) as this isn't allowed according their "Guidelines for representing your business on Google

"

And I should mention I don't get your Texas business on a category search either.
But I get your UK and your TX business searching for "photographer Austin, TX mach" or "photographer Reading, UK mach"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Helmut,
The all-caps thing would be an issue if it wasn't finding it when "...searching for "photographer Austin, TX mach" or "photographer Reading, UK mach," but it is so I don't believe that to be the issue.

Any suggestions about who else I can address this with seeing as you have also tried it and it is not working for you either? 26 pages of search results I went through and I'm not on a single one in any form. Something is definitely wrong and not at my end, or if it is you can't see it either.

Thanks for your help.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Martin,

I would optimize your website better for local search. IT currently doesn't really have any local signals to let Google know where your business is located and what the services are. For example, the title tag on the homepage is simply "MACH Photography".

Here's a great resource to look into - https://moz.com/learn/local/optimizing-your-website

Another observation, in Map Maker, your address is all listed in the Suite# line - http://www.google.ca/mapmaker?q=44+7482+633132&gw=39&ll=51.454589,-0.969094&spn=0.00044,0.001145&z=2...

Go into the edit interface and you will see what I mean.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Colan,
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm reading the link you sent to MOZ and already getting some good info from it.

You mentioned 'Map Maker' but when I look under the Edit section it looks fine to me (see below) and not all in one section at all.  Am I missing something to your comment?

Regards,

Martin

MapMaker1.png 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Click on the "Address" section and it will expand. You will then see what I mean.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Apparently I'm still not seeing what you are seeing.  

GMM1.jpg

GMM1.jpg

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you have a look at my screenshot??