My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verified Business Google+ Does Not Have Priority in Search or Maps Over Automatically Created Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently created a Google+ for my business and connected it to Maps. The problem is there was an automatically created page that takes precedent over the verified page on Search and Maps. We were hoping to start creating a stronger presence on Google+ but navigating this specific issue has complicated our ability to do so.

Each page can found by searching:

• California Smile Dental Studio
  • California Smile Dental Studio 1551 West Redondo Beach Boulevard #101

The first search brings up the automatically created page. The verified Google+ page shows up lower in the search results.

The second search brings up the verified page first and shows the business preview the way we were looking for. Is there a way to merge the pages or delete the automatically create page to get this result? We expect our customers to simply search our business name when looking for more information or directions. 

Also, clicking on the map in the About section of the verified Google+ page directs to the automatically created page on Maps. This isn't the biggest deal but is slightly confusing because the verified page is on Maps too.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

California Smile Dental Studio

1551 W. Redondo Beach Blvd. #101 Gardena, CA

(310) 327-4099

plus.google.com/+CaliforniaSmileDentalStudioGardena 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Re: Verified Business Google+ Does Not Have Priority in Search or Maps Over Automatically Created Pa

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike

What you've described is what is commonly referred to as a duplicated page. Looking at these, both of the pages are verified. This means someone has claimed the page and it's not completely an "automated" duplicated page. It looks as though the second link is the duplicate one. (If I don't have the right links, please post the links you're referring to in a reply...)

Check any and all google accounts you have, and see if you can find this second page on a dashboard somewhere. Delete the page from the dashboard, and then go to Google Maps and report the listing as a duplicate. (follow the link below, click "suggest an edit", click the slider for "Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist" and select "duplicate" from the dropdown list. It may take a few days, but Google should take that duplicated page down.

https://maps.google.com/?cid=1158390398770096212
https://maps.google.com/?cid=16671504400389630776

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Re: Verified Business Google+ Does Not Have Priority in Search or Maps Over Automatically Created Pa

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike

What you've described is what is commonly referred to as a duplicated page. Looking at these, both of the pages are verified. This means someone has claimed the page and it's not completely an "automated" duplicated page. It looks as though the second link is the duplicate one. (If I don't have the right links, please post the links you're referring to in a reply...)

Check any and all google accounts you have, and see if you can find this second page on a dashboard somewhere. Delete the page from the dashboard, and then go to Google Maps and report the listing as a duplicate. (follow the link below, click "suggest an edit", click the slider for "Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist" and select "duplicate" from the dropdown list. It may take a few days, but Google should take that duplicated page down.

https://maps.google.com/?cid=1158390398770096212
https://maps.google.com/?cid=16671504400389630776

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog