My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verification badge/checkmark for both Name AND URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the past it was possible to have BOTH  the large Name badge once a page was verified via PIN as well as the smaller badge next to the URL when you had a link on the Google+ page to your website and a rel="publisher" link to the Google+ page. I am no longer seeing both on any Google+ pages.

What I am seeing is:

1) On a verified Local page is the large badge next to the name and no badge next to the URL even though the website and Google+ page are linked.

See: https://plus.google.com/112202954511144132231/about

2) On a non yet verified Local page there is obviously no large badge (pending verification) but there is a small badge next to the URL because the website and the Google+ page have been linked.

See: https://plus.google.com/109885623374173765727/about

Once the second page is verified, the large badge should appear by the name, but the question is will the badge next to the URL remain or will it go away?

Also, is the URL badge in any way tied to the number of Followers you have?

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Verification badge/checkmark for both Name AND URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom H

I'm surprised to see website verification for your local page as this hasn't been the case for a very long time.

However, be that as it may for local pages the only verification is the one that indicates the address has been verified. Providing there are no errors with the page, verification of the address allows the listing to appear in Search and Maps. Without it, the listing won't ever appear, regardless of whether your website has been verified or not.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Verification badge/checkmark for both Name AND URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom H

I'm surprised to see website verification for your local page as this hasn't been the case for a very long time.

However, be that as it may for local pages the only verification is the one that indicates the address has been verified. Providing there are no errors with the page, verification of the address allows the listing to appear in Search and Maps. Without it, the listing won't ever appear, regardless of whether your website has been verified or not.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog