My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Verification Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added all of my clients websites to my google console and verified them, and added google analytics to the sites...but it still will not verify them automatically. I still have to get a code by phone, email or by postcard from our clients and most won't allow me to pick which I want to use.

I am having a problem with a client receiving a postcard and I have sent several. Is there a way to change from postcard to phone verification? I know that it depends on the type of business what type of verification is available to use, but is there a way to change it. Especially after trying one way and it doesn't work. The client is an amish person and their address has changed through the postal service recently and I think this is part of the problem. Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verification Problems

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric M

Only businesses that Google is 100% of their location with good online authority will be allowed to verify through search console.

The next in line of Google being a little more sure of its location and legitimacy is offered Phone verification.

The last option is postcard, when Google really needs to check that a business exists at a location.

There is no way to decide what you get, you have to go what is offered base upon Googles understanding of the business.

If a postcard has not arrived within 14 days, you can contact business support to help complete the verification.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership