My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

VERIFICATION BY EMAIL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Amanda's Big Baps, Denny Beck Bridge, Lancaster, LA2 9LS, 07949585000

https://business.google.com/b/108958551242166969486/dashboard/l/12135042086641293397

Hi I'm struggling for verification as the place of work is a mobile food van and so does not have any means of recieving any mail so I'd need either email verification or post sending to my home address. How can I go about this please?

Thank you

Amanda

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author amanda k
January 2017

Re: VERIFICATION BY EMAIL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @amanda k

Because it is a mobile food van, you should be using your Home Address or the Businesses Registered address, not the location that you Park.

You should also be selecting after the address, "I serve customers at their location" because you are not located at the address.

See the Guidelines

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

VERIFICATION BY EMAIL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am in Costa Rica and the portcard verification will probably never make it to where my business is so I need it done by email. Its been difficult through this site to set the verification by email, when I want to verify my business if only offer the post card. I have looked at the video but cannot achieve the verification. My business name is The Bike House Costa Rica and my email is costarica.carole@gmail.com 

can you help me finish this verification?

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Carole B

The overiding critieria for a Google business listing is the address.

You must use the physical address of the business, request postcard and if it has not arrived after 14days you can contact business support to complete the process:

How to Contact Google Business Support

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

VERIFICATION BY EMAIL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

Could any one can help us to understand of verifying our business through mail or phone call instead of postcard verification. We are not able to verify our business on postcard. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Krypthm T

Depending on what Google can find online about the business will determine how sure they are of the business existing at that location.

If they cannot find online authority that indicates the business exists at that location, then they will only offer a postcard verification, because the postcard has to go to the location of the business.

If this the only option provided by GMB then you have to use it. When the postcard has not arrived after 14days then you can fill in this form for manual help in verifying the business.

Verification Help Form

Note: You must have requested postcard and waited at least 14days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
It was very difficult for me too to do the verification but succeeded by calling them. It was a bit of a pain but was doable!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Carole Beaupré
The Bike House Costa Rica
Bahia Salinas, Guanacaste
www.thebikehousecostarica.com
8704 7486