AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Using Google branded icons/logos on printed business cards/flyers etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm going to be updating my printed business cards/flyers etc shortly.

I have found this https://developers.google.com/+/downloads/follow-style-guide.pdf which seems useful but is out of date.

https://developers.google.com/+/branding-guidelines is current but everything there seems to be exclusively about online use.

I currently have social media icons for Facebook etc. Most platforms have an official guide for approved ways of using their branding for this type of thing.

Google seems to be the exception?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Using Google branded icons/logos on printed business cards/flyers

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi @James R,

Thanks for writing! I would advise taking a look at this page for information on how to use the Google logo in print, and submitting this request form to gain the applicable permissions.

Thanks,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

From my experience, as long as you follow the guidelines, you should be okay to use on print as well. Here is some documentation for some of their products:

Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/yt/brand/using-logo.html
Google+ - https://developers.google.com/+/downloads/follow-style-guide.pdf
Google Maps- https://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Jordan.

YouTube looks fairly straight forward.

Your link for Google+ is the same as mine and is out of date. Everything implies that unlike their YouTube, Facebook etc they expect everyone to individually apply for specific permission for something that could be simple.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm also pondering what is best as part of producing printed materials such as signs that a local business can display that instructs their visitors to leave a review for them.

It seems to have gone in a direction that we need to instruct people to search for the business on Google Maps (app or website) to do this.

Recognisable branding would be useful so this is about logos rather than e.g. screenshots of actual maps which is what the Google Maps branding guide seems to just talk about.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi @James R,

Thanks for writing! I would advise taking a look at this page for information on how to use the Google logo in print, and submitting this request form to gain the applicable permissions.

Thanks,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,

That seems to unfortunately be the answer - that Google desires every single business that intends to do this to individually request permission.

Seems strange as I think almost every other social media company has thought about this and produced guidelines which if followed are then permitted. This includes seeking permission for more complicated scenarios but simply placing the logo on a business card or poster is something that is easy to do.

The G+ style guide is still a published document although it has the old logo and I can't find its parent page. Are you in a position to find out more about its status?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, I don't have further information on an updated style guide with the new logo. I think that the best way to go would be to request the permissions, and they should be able to provide you with further documentation on the new logo.

Thanks,
Liz

S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, all other platforms were so EASY! Why is it so hard to download a png of google + for print. I'm now reconsidering if its even worth it. USER FRIENDLY is really important to my business. If you can send me a link of the logo for print its a go. Otherwise I think we will scrap google +.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@s h  this thread is over a year old, please create a new post thread and be specific in your issue.  

You can only download the image available, if it's 72dpi then that's all you can get.  You may wish to contact whoever uploaded the image to see if they have a version that is 300dpi or greater.