My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Updating an address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I have been trying to update the address of several of my businesses but it did not work.

On most of them, I just would like to remove an extra coma (there are two next to each other, which is obviously an error), the shop number, or I'd like to exchange the "/" to put a "-".

Each time, Google saves my address in my Google my business page ie the address is well updated in my "back-office".

But when I log out after this and log in again a few minutes after, the address on the back-office is still the old one. Which explains that my address is not updated online.

Does someone know how to fix this? It is happening with all my different businesses.

My details for one of the businesses;

Tweed City Franck Provost Paris salon

City Shopping Centre,, 54 Minjungbal Dr, Tweed Heads South NSW 2486

(07) 5523 9788

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Tweed+City+Franck+Provost+Paris+salon/@-28.200757,153.545606,15...

In this example of business, impossible to remove the extra coma for instance. I would like to add "Tweed" in front of "City Shopping Centre" as well.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards, 

Manon Mouttet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Updating an address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Manon

I think it may be because you are putting a comma in - Google automatically adds one, and if you're adding one as well, then voila 2 commas!

I've made a change on Maps - let's see if that works.

Also, please be aware that you are currently breaking Google guidelines by having the city details in your business name: "Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including...location/address...is not permitted." https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

I highly recommend you change that in any listings, to avoid search penalties from Google.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Updating an address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks for your answer. I did not know it was forbidden by Google. The problem is that it is the real name of my business, it really is entitled like this, I dod not change it for Google, it is written on all the marketing tools, web and print. So it would not make sens to withdraw the location...

I checked on the coma thing and for now, it did not work. Do you know how long Google need to make the changes?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Manon