My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Updating Address in Google Search / Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, just having an issue updating address and other details for a business on G+.

Here are the details of the business:

Chislers Nursery
48 Trimgate Street , Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland
046 9021607
https://plus.google.com/105171769546704194633/about

The problem is, the business has moved a few months ago (about 2 streets away). I do not have access to the Google+ page and as far as I know either does the business owner. I have tried a few times to change the address and other details via 'feedback' and 'report'. When I had filled in the correct details I recieved an email from Google saying changes were being reviewed but still nothing has changed.

I have also tried to update the address in G+ where is asks me to move the marker, the problem here is when I click on the marker to move it, it sticks with the mouse and I can't release it - tried in Firefox and Chrome.

Any suggestions as to how I can update the address and telephone number, any edits I have made don't seem to help so far.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark S
April 2016

Re: Updating Address in Google Search / Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

I can see that the business has been marked closed at the old address which is appropriate.

The next step, if you haven't already done so is to create a page for the business at the new listing. Once that is done, get in touch with Google Twitter support (@GoogleSmallBiz) and ask them to mark the old address as having moved to the new address.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark S
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

I can see that the business has been marked closed at the old address which is appropriate.

The next step, if you haven't already done so is to create a page for the business at the new listing. Once that is done, get in touch with Google Twitter support (@GoogleSmallBiz) and ask them to mark the old address as having moved to the new address.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriyaC,

Thanks for the reply. There does seem to be a G+ page there, link in my original post, so I was trying to update that without success. But what you are saying is to create a new G+ page with the new address and ask Google to mark the old one as moved?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yep, that's correct Mark.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your assistance PriyaC.

Mark.