My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Update web results under my business' Google Maps listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if there's a way to edit the results that appear under my Google Maps listing (picture attached). It's not a huge issue but there are more relevant  pages I'd rather show, such as my showreel. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance :)

Untitled-1.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris S
February 2016

Re: Update web results under my business' Google Maps listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris S

Not that I am aware of. Basically the web results are determined algorithmically.

If you have other pages that you wish to appear, then building those pages authority and relevance would probably help them to appear.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I didn't think there would be a quick solution but thanks for getting back to me :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chris did you get this sorted out I'm having the same problem? Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jamie, unfortunately not. I just kind of gave up on it, which is a shame really.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Guys these are Search Results!

Apart from the fact that there are like 200 odd ranking factors that change 100 -200 times a year, Google will show a web page based upon its relevance, authority and popularity to a search query.

Now the results listed are the most prominent pages related to your business >> if you want a different page to be appearing, you need to work on building it authority and prominence online.

People linking to it because it awesome, people sharing it socially, people talking about it online etc etc

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership