My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unwanted photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. My business: RnR Vacation Rentals 

2. Current business address: 438 Capri Dr., South Lake Tahoe, CA

3. Current telephone: 855-99-TAHOE

4. Google Maps URL:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/438+Capri+Dr,+South+Lake+Tahoe,+CA+96150/@38.9349037,-120.0086315,...

5. Website: RnRvr.com 

My question: we have several photos that are being posted on our Google My Business site that are from someone who has nothing to do with our business. We believe it is someone who is trying to rent out their home independent of a rental management company, and yet they keep posting their house photos to various vacation rental management companies' Google My Business pages/locations. It is frustrating and confusing! I have reported the images at least 2 times, and my coworker has reported them 2 times as well. Any further suggestions on how to get them removed? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Unwanted photos

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google accepts photos by others. You do not have 100% control. You can post more photos and better quality photos so that the others will show up further down in the display of photos. I know that is not what you want to hear.  There are Google my buisness pages with 200 pictures on them. 

The other thing is to contact the person who made the posts if you know who he is and ask the person to remove the offending pictures. In the 3 button view of the picture on their profile will be to delete the photo. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kate A
August

Unwanted photos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @David W Cox

In general I would agree with your advice.

However not in the concrete case if @Kate A refers to the photos added as linked by this "contributions" of a guy "Andrew Ayala".

Why not agreeing with you in Kate's case?

Ok the user "Andrew Ayala" obviosly added some similar or even identical  photos to different businesses and this is obviously a violation of googles guidelines.

So I believe it's Kate's right to get this fixed asap.

My recommendation @Kate A :

contact business support requesting Ayala's spammy fotos taken down from your listing

I recommend getting in touch with GMB support via one of these options and ask for help in getting his photos removed:

Twitter

You can call also Google My Business here.

Give here a feedback about what support  did or not did please.

Unwanted photos

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler I am still new on this forum and do not want to take too hard a stand. I agree and wanted to lead it that way. I think they guy is trying to sell his dock service.  I hope @Kate A gets it resolved to her satisfaction.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |