My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unjustified claims by SEO Company?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi, 

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, I'm new to the advertising forums. 

I had a question, on this website : http://www.grank.co.in/ it says "Grank an ISO 9001:2008 certified company is established in the year 2010 and now it is a leading Digital Media Marketing Company that is authorized by Google. We are specialized in helping businesses to be more successful and also engaged in giving them a good rank on the Google page." 

My question is, does Google officially affiliate with a company? To me, these look to be fraudulent claims and I was wondering if anything can be done. 

Thanks. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Time Lord
July 2016

Re: Unjustified claims by SEO Company?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Time Lord

They are a Google Partner, perhaps their wording could state for Adwords, but they are a partner

Google Partners.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The site in question is listed as a Google Partner - see https://www.google.com/partners/#a_profile;idtf=9132438000 - and insofar as that is concerned, its claims are legitimate.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Time Lord
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Time Lord

They are a Google Partner, perhaps their wording could state for Adwords, but they are a partner

Google Partners.png

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@wasaweb @Tim Capper That's good to know, I was unaware of such an arrangement/cerftification given between/by Google and/to SEO companies.

Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Time Lord, as @Tim Capper mentioned, the certifications relate to search and display advertising, not organic search / SEO.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Tim Capper @wasaweb Although "authorised by Google" sounds like a very broad term, it makes it look like they are some sort of franchise. Any way this wording could be changed via someone in Google apart from contacting the owner directly?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Time Lord have a dig around on the google partner website, there may be a report pages somewhere.

Or the Google partner forum: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Partners/ct-p/Partners

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Tim Capper Thanks. Will do.