My Business
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

University Housing dept needs to bulk verify all residence halls but contact info different

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am one of the marketing managers at NC State University. My duties are exclusively University Housing dorms and apartments. I am having a hard time verifying and editing information that was incorrectly added by someone else.

All of my properties are in the zip code 27606 which represents NC State University residence halls.

I tried to set up a GMB account "NC State University Housing" but also have my university account "starbuck@ncsu.edu"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: University Housing dept needs to bulk verify all residence halls but contact info different

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John S

Are these all in 1 account ( the originals )  ?

Individuals or bulk upload management ?

Could you provide a bit more details please ?

Specific page / location, incorrect address, new address etc

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: University Housing dept needs to bulk verify all residence halls but contact info different

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim

There has never been a concerted effort to add or edit existing
information. Some of the residence halls have a very basic listing - such
as just the name of the building and address - but not all of the halls are
on Google Maps. What I'd like to do is put them all under one account, edit
or revise contact info and upload multiple photos for each entity.

- -
*John S*

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John S
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @John S

Obviously you have your account.  You can claim the "basic" pages for your account, update and correct the details and then verify them.

screencapture (75).png

You can also create the new ones by going here : https://www.google.com/business/

I would like to draw your attention to the Guidelines about eligibility :

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Before you create business pages and whether they are eligible

Public-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership