My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unique opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi experts and community,

I am considering claiming several 'businesses' for my company - we actually run service centres for the public. Currently it shows our opening hours as:

Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm

Saturday - 8am to 1pm

However what I want it to show is

Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm (Last queue ticket issuance: 4pm)

Saturday - 8am to 1pm (Last queue ticket issuance: 11:30am)

Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Timothy F
December 2016

Unique opening hours

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Timothy

Unfortunately there is little flexibility with the hours display, so sadly, no.  About the only thing available is the holiday hours, but that doesn't apply to your question.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Unique opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

:-(
Many thanks for the quick reply!

Unique opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to hear there seems no solution...

I have a very complicated set of business hours.  We have been forced to have both Public Hours during our off-peak times, and Member's Only Hours during our peak times when it is too busy for the public.  So far, it looks like there is no way to adjust anything in our Google My Business page, which will lead to many unhappy customers who will look at Google and think we are open, when we are closed the public and only open to Members.

I would love some help on this if at all possible!

Might be S.O.L. though...  good luck with your ticket issuance!

Unique opening hours

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Andrew C @Timothy F

Update:

If you add the hours to your website, there's an outside chance Google will pick it up and display that second set of hours.

It *may* also need to be on other sites that have high authority.  Depending on your niche, what the authority sites will be changes.  

Here's an example of what it might look like (if G picks the hours up and puts them in the knowledge panel).
https://www.google.com.au/search?espv=2&q=b+restaurant+and+bar&oq=b+restaurant+and+bar&gs_l=serp.3.....

The types of hours that will display as the "other hours" we don't yet have clarification on.  Happy hours sometimes show of course, as that's what you see at the above link.  Have also seen listings with delivery hours.

The specialty types of hours you both are talking about is unlikely at this stage. But you never know...

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Unique opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret,

Thanks so much for the helpful response!  

I would love to be able to get something similar to the 'Happy Hours' figured out - that looks perfect!

Would you happen to know how to get G to pick up the hours from our website?  Ie: where do they have to be located (homepage, about us, etc..)? And, is there a particular format?

Thanks so much for putting me on a track that might eventually lead somewhere..  :)

Andrew

Unique opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again,

Best I could manage with some help from the Google Support team was to set our business up as showing being closed during our members only hours, i.e.: open from 10am-5pm, closed from 5pm-9pm, open again from 9pm-12am.   We assume that Members will know we are open to them from 5-9pm.  

This functionality makes sense as it would be similar to restaurants that are closed after lunch and open again for dinner.    I don't think it will help you with your 'last ticket issuance' Timothy F.  Best of luck!

And thank you Margaret - here's hoping some 'Alternate Hours,' something like Happy Hours, comes along that is available to all styles and types of businesses to resolve this challenge in the future.

Cheers,

Unique opening hours

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Andrew C

There are as yet, no guidelines for the happy hour / alternate hour situation that I've seen.  From what I can tell, this is an emerging "feature" of the Knowledge Panel, so they're probably feeling their way through this.  

Based on everything else Google does, I'd say if the info is prevalent for users it will probably be understood by the programs.  

Design for the users first, then see if Google picks it up.

Find me on · · my blog