My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unfair Google Map Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In the past week we have suddenly received 2 unfair reviews from our competitors on our Google Reviews. We had never had anyone with the names of T*** B*** and Ma*** B*** as customers. To prove that we are ready to give permissions to Google to access all our CRM and accounting data. We are a local business that has been operating since 2005 and we have never had serious problems and always tried our ultimate best to satisfy our customers and we do accept rightful complaints like the one from L** H***. But unfortunately we don’t have the power, and money of the big companies to lodge law suits to remove the last 2 unfair comments.
As an outcome of these comments my manager asked me to delete the Google Business page completely which I did but unfortunately the location + the reviews didn’t go away. So I had to restore the page and now we have to wait for Google to verify us again!
I just wanted to say this is not fair for local businesses. Why doesn’t google verify the reviews before letting them get published? I think the best idea is to have Google to ask for extra information like attachment of invoices or anything that can prove that the person has got a service from that company. Otherwise anyone can make unfair comments and there is no mechanism to delete or edit the comments (instead of the flag, which honestly we all know that in most cases it won’t work). 
Can anyone please help us either remove the 2 unfair comments we got from random people or at least tell us how to completely remove the google business page with the reviews. We have also called Google and they said that your case is under review, but no results yet!

Thank you for your support

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unfair Google Map Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Why doesn’t google verify the reviews before letting them get published?

Likely there are a billion business page and half of them have reviews (its my guess tough)

Who om earth should pay all the  google employment to read and check and censoring all posted reviews?

This will not happen and I believe it's ok also.

Can anyone please help us either remove the 2 unfair comments we got from random people or at least tell us how to completely remove the google business page with the reviews. We have also called Google and they said that your case is under review, but no results yet!

IMHO the best option you have would be responding on the reviews and making clear you never have had them as customers - so other users see that are fake reviews.

Such s h i t just happens in a bad but real world