My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to remove photo "by customer"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I own Citrusolution Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services in Leland, NC. I have noticed today that my business page has been suspended. I am not sure why, but when I looked through my page and photos I found a disgusting photo of a dead animal or something (under tab "by customer"). It's the only photo I am unable to remove. There is no trashcan button. I don't know where this picture came from, obviously it has nothing to do with our pet friendly service! Can someone help? How do I remove it? Is this why I can't find my business on Google Maps?

Thank you in advance!

Ruth

www.carpetcleanerswilmington.com

910-685-5530

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John and Ruth M
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been resolved, thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you tell me how you resolved it. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It resolved itself! A few days after asking for help here it was removed. Afterwards I had to call Google and my business was back on Google maps and my reviews were there again too. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Priyac,

What is your SOP for removal of photos that been posted by business owners?

Can steps be taken to only allow pictures approve by business owner being released to public!

Take this seriously as its jeopardizing my business as well and have been reading this issues for some time and Google has yet to come up with a solution.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi wan mohammad shazly w 

There is no way to limit photos to business supplied photos only but you can get notified when other people post photos of your business: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7198436?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A "Customer " also posted an unrelated photo on my business page that I cannot delete as manager of the page.  Is there anyway to remove the unwanted pictures?  There is no trash can button on these photos which seems crazy that google does not let you remove content others post to intentionally harm your site.

Any help / recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Priya,

First I would like to thank you for your contribution and help you provide :-)

The reason that brought me here today is pretty much the same as every other members like me who struggling with the issue mention in the title --> Unable to remove photo "by customer"

I don't understand the purpose of getting notified when other people, like a customer, post a photo on our business page/profile if we cannot approve it or remove it.

As the administrator and/or owner of the business listing on Google, we should at least be able to flag the photos for removal.

Any help / recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya, 

I am the owner of Elegant Events (Philadelphia) and I received notice today that photos were added to my page, however, they are unrelated to my business. How can I request removal of these photos? Any help you provide is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help!