My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to remove a publicly posted photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good evening, my company is Royal Trucking Company; located at 1323 North Eshman Avenue West Point, MS 39773. 

I recently claimed my business on Google because a person unrelated to my company posted a public photo that is not only obscene, but misrepresents Royal Trucking in a very negative way.  Unfortunately I cannot edit these photos on my Google business page, and was not satisfied with what Google phone support suggested I do, which was find my business on Google maps and use the send feedback option.

https://business.google.com/u/0/b/114796815065277279999/dashboard/l/01199777620641125148

1-800-321-1293

Thanks for your time!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to remove a publicly posted photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @William M

I can only see 3 photos on your Google+ page and none look like they portray your company in a negative way unless I'm missing something.

Can you provide a screenshot, or direct link even, of where you see this photo at all?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Absolutely, thanks for your response.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x8886daa74c253575:0x75a9c0bacca81614!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3...

Above is a link to the album. There are four pictures and the third is the photo in question. The driver is flipping off the camera.
You can also find these pictures simply by searching "Royal Trucking Company" and selecting "See Photos" on the company profile to the right from the Google search.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah thanks @William M and now that I have seen that, I can see the same photo is on your Google+ page :)

Have you tried deleting the photo from the Google+ page? If you don't have that option, I recommend 'report abuse' by selecting the down arrow next to More. The closest fit is probably the first option - not relevant to the business.

Let me know how you go.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please see my first post. These are not on my Google+ page and were posted by an unknown user. I have looked for a "more" option on the Google search results page and the photo album itself but do not see it. The only options available from those two pages are "feedback" from the results page, and "report a problem" from the album page which I have already done. I was given 2+ weeks for a response if at all.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Google-displays-the-wrong-photo...
See the post above, this person had what appears to be the same problem as I have, and someone was able to help him fairly quickly.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @William M

The issue you mentioned in the other thread is actually a very different question and Tim's response won't help you here.

The photo is definitely on your Google+ page - if you go to the page on a desktop and select "back to classic G+" (from the bottom left hand side menu) you will see the photos tab. On that page are three photos including the one in question.

My apologies for that confusion - because I don't use the new G+ all that much I forgot that what I was seeing was different to what you might be seeing.

If you click on the photo you should have the option to either delete the photo (via the rubbish can) or as mentioned report it as a problem - which it looks like you've done.

The short answer I guess is, if you can't delete the photo from your Google+ page by using the rubbish bin and you've already reported it, then there's not a great deal more that can be done at this stage.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I was able to fine the pictures. Unfortunately there is no delete or rubbish can option.
So far my whole Google+ experience has been pure frustration. I have a hard time believing these profiles are set up so that anyone in the world can post any picture they want and tag it to a business that no one can take down, even the business owner. Surely someone has the authority to remove these types of pictures.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

hi @William M

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to find a simple solution for you. It looks like you'll need to contact Google+ support directly to remove this photo since there's no way of deleting it at your end.

Their contact details are available at: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will do that, thank you for the assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still no solution so any new suggestions will be appreciated.