My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to delete ghost image from Google business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 weeks ago I deleted an unwanted photo that was uploaded to my google places account.  Specifically, a photoshopped truck with our company logo on it that we used several years ago when we started the business. I was able to remove the image but it is still showing 2 weeks later on my account.   I have cleared all cache and the image is still showing.  I am unable to update any of my profile images because of it.  This has become very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.   

unnamed.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Business listing name?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wildwood Roofing & Construction

Ellisville, MO 63021

A marketing company told me it was linked to the image on my website, and to delete that image.  I did and it didn't help.  

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I confirmed it returns a 404.  I flagged it as a low-quality image - you should do the same.  That puts the image in the manual review queue, which may speed things up.

Google does not automatically remove images when they return a 404 - because it might be a temporary situation.  Even with a manual review, since it is a web-linked image it may take until your image is spidered by Google multiple times before it is removed.  I've seen it take over a month in one case before an image was removed from GMB after being removed from the website and flagged.