My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to correct address on my verified business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a verified business that is showing an incorrect address.  My business is Patton Photography and is located at 196 Marquis Grove SE in Calgary.  Google continually changes the address in Google maps and Google+ to Marquis Common or Marquis Cove.   I have changed the address several times, submitted edits but it keeps changing back.  I am wondering if I need to bump the location marker over a little so it is on the road rather than the building?  How do I fix this?  Any help is appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to correct address on my verified business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David P

I am going to ask @JoyHawkinsto take a look here. She is in Canada and a Maps Genius.

Here is the listing Joy:

https://goo.gl/maps/zT6CzgBArKo

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tim, greatly appreciated

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David P
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The streets in this neighborhood seem to be completely mapped wrong. I'm working on it. In the meantime @David P can you please correct your business name to remove all the keywords?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Joy, I will adjust the name as soon as I get home this evening

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@David P Okay it should be fixed now. I wanted to also tell you though that since you're a photographer, you should actually have your address on your listing hidden (you can do this inside the Google My Business dashboard) unless you actually have clients come to your home to do photo shoots.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Re: Unable to correct address on my verified business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy,

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy, I too have this problem. We are based in Auckland, New Zealand. The "Located In" for Havana House Auckland shows as "Downtown Shopping Centre" which was demolished in May 2016 - Downtown Shopping Centre also shows on Google Maps as permanently closed. We have since been located at 59 High Street, and have no way to access the "Located in" feature of our Maps listing, and have been trying to correct this for 6 months now! Would love some assistance please!

Regards,

Josh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Joy, 

Our company Zevenbergen Zonne-energie (Halteweg 13, Aalten, Holland) is registered OK on 'Google my company'. But if you search for us, Google lately changed the street name from Halteweg into Brassendijk. So people can not find us. Somehow the street names are mixed up. Please change this again. Margreet V.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Joy, we have the same problem. Our company Zevenbergen Zonne-energie, is located on the Halteweg 13, Aalten, Holland. This was OK when you searched for us on Google. Lately the streets names are mixed up by Google, because now Google places us on the Brassendijk, this is in the neighbourhood. We notice that people can not find us. Please change this again into the Halteweg.