My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

UPS Business Mailbox & GMB?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few questions/issues. I'll start with the business details first:

My wife and I run a Wedding Photography business (Kaila Cales Photography) and do not have a physical studio. We work out of our house and serve the greater Phoenix area, but we live in Surprise, AZ. We would like our listing  just to show that we are in Phoenix and serve the entire Phoenix area.

We also do not want any of our clients having our address and want to keep consistent with the Phoenix location, so we opened a UPS business mailbox at a UPS store in Phoenix. It is not a PO Box, it is a street address with a suite number. Am I able to use this UPS mailbox address as my business address, and then say that I am a service area business and do not meet customers at the business address? Then the listing would show I'm in Phoenix and serve the Phoenix area?

I tried this and got a suspended notice and I'm wondering if it's because of the UPS address.

The other thing I'm wondering (if I can't list the business as described above) is can I use my home address (in Surprise) and say I am a service area business. If I do that, I want it to hide my Surprise location entirely and only show that I serve Phoenix. Is that doable?

Hopefully that all made sense!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dustin C
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

You would need to provide your home address as the business address to Google My Business and setup a Service Area business with hidden address so it would not display in the public local listing. You can learn about Service Area and how to set them up in this help article.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

When setting up the service area you can use zip codes or city names so the area will be restricted to Phoenix.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! When I do it that way, nobody viewing the listing would be able to see anything about Surprise, AZ right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

It will still show the address as Surprise, AZ in the address field, but without the home street address.

The service area should be centered around Phoenix though.
I am afraid that is the best you can do if you do not have a studio in Phoenix that potential customers can visit unannounced.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And I'm not able to use the UPS Business Mailbox address we have in Phoenix, instead of the Surprise address, so that it will show Phoenix, AZ as the address?

16845 N. 29th Ave

Ste 1-112

Phoenix, AZ 85053-3041

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

No, you cannot because Google does not currently allows the use of UPS mail boxes, or any other mail box services as the business address on Google My Business.