My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Type of Service

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

We have a customer who provides credit reference and debt recovery services, they have a physical office location where a client can visit but predominantly their entire service is delivered via their website or via the phone (i.e they have account handlers who will process debt recovery). For their Service Listing Area on Google Business Places what would be the correct choice? They do go and visit clients on site but 90% of their business is conducted online.

The company name is Top Service Ltd and their web address is www.top-service.co.uk, they are based in Redditch in the West Midlands, UK. 
This is their current associated google plus page from the business listings https://plus.google.com/b/113277618492475929415/113277618492475929415/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=113277... but we have found duplicates which we'll sort out afterwards.

And this is their map listing.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee H
July 2016

Re: Type of Service

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lee H

To clarify, ticking SAB will not benefit you, and as you said the service is online, which makes it ineligible.

Leave it as a local business with full address

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lee H

I guess this would be a personal choice.

Service Area settings only really work when set within 40 miles max, so if you had intended to target the whole of the UK in Maps, this would not work. And SAB does not apply to online services.

For me personally, its a local business with a physical location and a Brand, so it would make sense to have the address listed as it is currently.

Was this your question ?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tim,
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify then, which would you recommend, should we tick yes for the first option? and then specify a UK wide area?
• I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location — Important information
- Yes
- No

• My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area:

City or postal code
Add
Within
km of my business
• I also serve customers at my business address - Should this be ticked?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee H
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lee H

To clarify, ticking SAB will not benefit you, and as you said the service is online, which makes it ineligible.

Leave it as a local business with full address