My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Two locations published - only one shows up in the search sidebar.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've got two locations for my company. Both are published on Google Places.

One is new (two months old), and the other is about 5 years old.

My question is when i search my company name, it only shows the original location in the sidebar of the search.

When I search something more random like "refined fool new location", both show up.

Is there a way to get both showing up when people search our company name, or is this just a waiting game to see when Google makes that happen??

Both show up on Google maps, but just not in the search sidebar together.

Business Name: Refined Fool Brewing Company

Address 1: 137 Davis St, Sarnia, ON N7T 1A2

Address 2: 1326 London Rd, Sarnia, ON N7S 1P7

Thoughts??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron R
1w

Re: Two locations published - only one shows up in the search sidebar.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The way Google has set this system up is that if you are close to one location it will bring only that one up in the Knowledge Panel (KP) on the sidebar. If you are searching from further away, both will show in the boxed results area.

The new listing likely does not have much strength yet and so is getting overpowered a bit and so that's why the original location is showing up in the KP more often.

fool brewing.jpg

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron R
1w

Re: Two locations published - only one shows up in the search sidebar.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The way Google has set this system up is that if you are close to one location it will bring only that one up in the Knowledge Panel (KP) on the sidebar. If you are searching from further away, both will show in the boxed results area.

The new listing likely does not have much strength yet and so is getting overpowered a bit and so that's why the original location is showing up in the KP more often.

fool brewing.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok that is what I assumed. 

Its funny because I can be physically at the new location (London Road), and search and it only brings up the other location. But as you show there, both do show up on outside searches. OK I'll wait and see if our new location gets more power!

Thanks!