My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two identifiers for same business -- Dental Office Specific

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Red Hills Oral and Facial Surgery

2) 2648 Centennial Place, Tallahassee, FL

3) 850.523.3000

Hello,

I would like to know the best way to go about adding a second identifier for the same business.  I own a practice "Red Hills Oral and Facial Surgery" that is the business name.  It is very common to have people search by provider name (Russell Walther, DDS, MD).  Is there a way to have both show up for the same address?  I notice that a lot of physician/dentist providers have two "businesses" at the same address in my town.

Thanks,

Russell Walther

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Russell W
August 2016

Re: Two identifiers for same business -- Dental Office Specific

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Russell W, Google has specific guidelines around practitioners. Are you the sole practitioner at your business?

Here's the relevant guideline:

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)

An individual practitioner is a public-facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents are all individual practitioners. Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated listing if:

• He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own listings.
  • He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.

A practitioner should not have multiple listings to cover all of his or her specializations.

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: Two identifiers for same business -- Dental Office Specific

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect. Thanks!